- Enjoy a competitive salary package including 6 weeks annual leave
- 4+4 year contract sponsored by diplomatic visa if required
- Be part of an established global organisation and contribute to the conservation and management of the Antarctic
- Relocation assistance, and much more…
The Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR) is an intergovernmental organisation with its Secretariat headquartered in Hobart, Tasmania. Our Convention Area includes all Antarctic marine ecosystems, covering roughly 10% of the global ocean.
CCAMLR is seeking an experienced Software Developer. The Secretariat is pleased to offer this unique role to nationals of CCAMLR's Member countries, and applications are now warmly invited.
As the Software Developer, you will be at the heart of our efforts to improve our data systems. We are focused on delivering the most from our systems in order to support our Members, and we rely on having a talented team to deliver this. An integrated data driven approach is pivotal to the work of our organisation, including empowering the best available science and co-ordinated compliance efforts of our Member countries. Robust, responsive data systems are key to advancing our scientific and conservation outcomes. If you're ready for a satisfying challenge and the chance to contribute to the international Antarctic conservation effort then we will welcome you to apply for the Software Developer position.
The position is responsible for the development of CCAMLR's software services, which will be primarily designed as APIs and ETL processes.
In this challenging and varied role, you will
- Design, develop, test and maintain CCAMLR software services
- Work with multi discipline teams to identify areas for improvement and implement solutions
- Have the opportunity to engage with the wider CCAMLR community and support the CCAMLR working groups and annual meetings.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (or working towards)
- 3 years of software development experience, including APIs and ETL processes
- Advanced Go and SQL development skills
- Embrace sound development practices and tools, such as unit testing, devops and GitHub.
Perks of the role
The successful candidate will be sponsored by CCAMLR in obtaining a Diplomatic visa if required.
We offer relocation assistance to Hobart, Tasmania, and dedicated support as you settle into your new community. Home leave is also offered.
You will enjoy a flexible working environment, onsite parking, personal and professional development opportunities, and plenty of social engagement.
A generous salary package will be offered in line with the International Civil Service Commission (ICSC) Professional Officers grade P2. You will work alongside a diverse team from many cultures and backgrounds whilst making a meaningful contribution to Antarctic conservation.
To apply for this job, please see the position description and send your CV containing 3 referees along with a cover letter and statement addressing how your skills and experience best meet the requirements of the role. Please address the Essential Criteria listed in the skills and qualifications areas of the position description as a minimum. Applications must be submitted in English.
If you need further information regarding this position, please contact Angie McMahon, Human Resources Officer, on + 61 3 6210 1140.
To be eligible for this role you must be a national of a country that is specifically listed as a Member of CCAMLR - you can review the list here:
CCAMLR promotes equal opportunity, gender equality, and cultural, linguistic and ethnic diversity in the workplace.